Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

How to Softmod a Nintendo Wii Free

Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

How to Softmod a Nintendo Wii Free

Post  Peppies™ on 3rd March 2011, 13:34

Ok, this is a tutorial on how to softmod your nintendo Wii. Basically its easy and doesn't involve opening up your console, which can be daunting for most people. This currently works on Wii consoles 4.1 firmware and previous.

Hacking your Wii will unlock the consoles true potential, something Nintendo obviously doesn't want. You'll be about to play DVDs for starters. Why not have that option available if its capable? We'll never know. You'll also be able to run emulaters and even play copied Wii games. Essentially it's like chipping your Wii without having to pay some dodge guy a few bob and without taking the thing apart.

Anyway, before we start you'll need an SD card formated to FAT16 or FAT32 (Most likly this will already be done when you bought the card) and a SD card reader for you PC or laptop, I however don't have a SD card reader, so I just hooked up my digital camera to the pc and put my card on that...
    Take note...

1. Right load your empty SD card up on your machine, make sure its empty it avoids mistakes and complications
    2. Download Bannerbomb.rar and unrar it (You will need Winrar to do this) to the SD card. You should now have two folders called Private and Apps and a file called boot.elf

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

1 Now insert the SD card into your Wii console
    2 Turn on your Wii and click Wii Options. This is the Wii Symbol in the bottom left corner

5 Then Select Data Management

6 Then Select Channels
    7 From here choose SD Card

8 A dialog box should loads up saying 'Load boot.dol/elf' Click Yes

9 A screen will load, just wait then press 1 on your Wii remote when prompted

10 Now select Continue

11 Now select Install the Homebrew Channel
    12 Now choose Yes, continue
    13 Wait a few moments and you'll get a pleasing message

14 Thats the arkward part done and dusted, your console is now soft moded. The Homebrew Channel will now be availble and your console is open for other possibilities like Running games from a hard drive.

So yeah this should work. If it didn't, go through the instructions again and do EXACTLY as I have said. I've personally gone through the hacking process while typing this up. Oh and the folder called 'Apps' at the root of your sd card is for placing mods and apps for use on the homebrew channel. You can find apps by googling 'homebrew apps'. Also feel free to leave comments and ask for help, all are welcome. Please take note that if you ask for help I'd appreciate it if you clicked the adverts at the bottom as it generates monies. Clicks help to keep the site up and get you replies to your comments ;) So we are both happy.

Peppies [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Current date/time is 24th October 2017, 03:16